OUR BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES
▪ Increase the rate of business start- ups and growth, including social enterprises.
▪ Create visible local capacity
▪ Are flexible in approach to meet local demands, opportunities and market circumstances over time
▪ Increase the penetration and take up of enterprise and business support amongst women, disabled and Black and Minority Ethnic businesses.
▪ Focus on solutions to identified business needs, rather than a pre-determined set of service offers.
We have strong skills and expertise in:
▪ Consultation and engagement with small businesses and pre-start individuals
▪ Promotion of enterprise and social enterprise as an option for individuals and groups
▪ Ensuring effective targeting and high levels of take up of business support
▪ Delivery of pre-start and business growth training, information and support
▪ Business analysis/diagnosis to identify support needs
▪ Business planning
▪ Business development and marketing
▪ Utilising and supporting business networking to meet business needs
▪ Supporting women and social enterprises to address their particular needs and opportunities
▪ Addressing environmental performance within SMEs
Our approach to economic development is to:
▪ Make use of established networks, organisations and facilities Wherever possible we deliver services are delivered by, with or through established networks, organisations and facilities.
▪ Build sustainable capacity – the services provided are delivered in a way that builds the capacity of organisations and networks to continue to help support business growth after the project has ceased
▪ Promote networking – we support and encourage networks geographical, thematic and sectoral networks
▪ Focus on the needs of women – an important element of or work is to focus on the additional barriers to business success faced by women
▪ Promote and supporting social enterprise – not-for-profit enterprises is a key area of specialism we are proud to have developed a number of social enterprises
Our specialist sectors are:
▪ Knowledge-intensive business services (KIBS), our strength is in advising businesses operating in business services (education, information and communication, financial intermediation, real estate activities) or technical knowledge (including scientific research, engineering activities, medical, healthcare)
▪ Cultural & Creative industries, including businesses involved in advertising, design, designer fashion, film and video, Interactive leisure software, music, the performing arts, publishing, software and computer services, television and radio.
▪ Digital/ICT businesses
▪ Social enterprises, encompassing all not-for-profit trading enterprises
We work throughout the UK our offices are located at
New Broad Street House, 35 New Broad Street, London, EC2M 1NH
+44 (207) 096 0250